In Halong, there is a wide range of restaurants including budget restaurants, seafood restaurants, as well as good European and Chinese restaurants. In the center of Bai Chay tourist area, superior restaurants are often located around the beach area and in the large hotels. Along Halong Street are many clean restaurants, offering seafood specialties and Vietnamese dishes.
1. Hoang Gia
In the area of the park, Halong Street, Baichay
2. Heritage Halong Restaurant in the Heritage Hotel,
Halong Street, Baichay
- Halong Plaza Restaurant in the Halong Plaza Hotel
Tel: 033. 845.810
- Halong Restaurant in the Halong Hotel
Tel: 033. 846.321
- Bachdang Restaurant in the Bachdang Hotel
Chinese Restaurants: Quan Hai Lau
Next to Baichay Tourist Wharf
The restaurant has 250 seats, (in different rooms,) it offers menu service with Chinese dishes and a Chinese chef.
Seafood specialty restaurants:
1. Sea Food Restaurant in Halong Street, Baichay
- Thu Huong Restaurant, in Halong Street, Baichay
- Bin Bop Restaurant in group 10, zone 1, Tran Hung Dao Ward
- Noi Nho Restaurant, Tran Hung Dao Street
- Bien Xanh Restaurant, No. 8 Le Thanh Tong Street
Specialties: areca, oysters, shellfish
– “Shellfish supermarket” at Cai Dam area, 2km from Baichay Tourist Wharf. It is an attractive place for tourists in the evening.
– Next to Long Tien Pagoda (near Halong Market), open most of the night.
Popular rice and noodle restaurants: (with seafood)
– On the lower part of Vuon Dao slope, near Bai Chay Post Office.
– Along Hangnoi Street, Bendoan area and LongTien Pagoda.
Apart from bars and cafes in the larger hotels, there are many other cafes:
– Trung Nguyen Cafe No 1, Nguyen Van Cu Street, Halong City.
– Trung Nguyen cafe No 2, Cong Doan Hotel, Halong Street, Baichay.
– Thang Long Hotel: House on Stilts cafe, “ruou can” (rice wine drunk out of a jar through pipes).
– Noinho Cafe, 10 Tran Hung Dao Road, Halong City
Tel: 033.628027, 033.629128.
There are numerous cafes and refreshment locations in Halong Street (Baichay) and Le Thanh Tong Street (Hongai). halong