Tuan Chau Island is the only soil island in HaLong Bay. It is not only a place having beautiful natural surroundings: pine trees, lakes, beautiful beach…but also where President Ho Chi Minh chose to be the relax place of other State officials’ and his when they came here in 1959.
On the total area of 400 ha, Tuan Chau enjoys the advantage of having both road and river transportations. It is about 18 km away from National Highway No.1. Prior to 1999, the island’s residents suffered from a very modest living standard: no power network, no clean water, no mechanical means of transportation, only train. It was a poor town where fishing with very rudimentary tools is the only means of living.
Buliding a road link Tuan Chau and the National Highway No18 was the first project of great significance which made Tuan Chau more and more become well- known to both international and domestic tourists as an attractive destination with:
– a dolphin&seal club
– a circus
– a crocodile club
– an (artificial) beach with 4 km long.
– a Vietnamese culinary area
– a hotel and resort area of 5-star standard (200 rooms)
– a water recreation park with activities such as motor racing, canoeing, parachuting, water skiing, etc.
– Ha Long Bay sight- seeing services by canoe, boat, helicopter.
– a high tech water fountain with music playing, laser lighting and film projecting on water screens.